The Investiture ceremony is one of the most important events in a Scout's life and should be treated with respect. It is vital that you are well prepared and aware of the ceremony procedure.
Sometime before the ceremony, your Scout Leader will chat with you about the meaning of the Promise and Law, talk through the ceremony with you and ask if you have any questions.
The ceremony procedure is as follows:
- The Troop will be brought to Attention standing at the Alert
- Your Patrol Leader will bring you forward to stand in front of the Scout Leader
- You will be asked if you understand the importance of the Promise and Law and if you wish to join the 4th Radlett Scout Troop
- The Scout Flag will be lowered
- The Scout Leader will place his left hand on the flag and you will place your left hand on the flag
- All Scouts and Leaders will make the Scout Sign You will be asked to say the Scout Promise
- You will then be presented with your scarf and badges.
- Finally, shake the leaders hand (left hand) turn and face the Troop and Salute the Troop; the Troop will salute you back and your Patrol Leader will collect you and take you back to your Patrol.